by Leslie Campos
When you’re not already used to it, working from home is a huge challenge. For parents with kids home from school or daycare, it can feel almost impossible. It’s extraordinarily hard to focus while also helping children stay on task or entertained throughout the day. If you and your partner both need to work remotely, the challenge is even more intense.
Fortunately, there’s a lifehack you can use to make your work from home process simpler: rent an Airbnb or a vacation property to use as an office away from home. You can get out of the house during the week or even trade days with your partner; that way, you both get a few days a week to really dive in and focus. It’s an added expense, but if you can manage the cost, it will pay dividends in productivity. Plus, you may be able to write it off, depending on your circumstances.
Below HuntersWife.Blog has gathered a few links that take you through finding the best deals, what to look for in a rental, and how to do this safely during the pandemic. We also included a few general work-from-home resources to help you get the feel for remote work.
- Look for good deals on Airbnbs to minimize spending.
- Consider something with a great outdoor space to boost creativity.
- Ask the host about internet speeds to ensure you’re able to join virtual meetings.
- See if your company offers your company a remote work stipend to help cover the costs.
- Timing is everything; if you’re hoping to use this time to start a business, weigh your decision thoughtfully.
- Stay in the business district so you can do some networking.
- Ask your accountant whether you can claim the costs on your taxes.
- Always follow good remote work practices, and know you may still feel less productive at first in a completely new environment.
- Create a daily routine to give yourself a sense of normalcy.
- Remember to take breaks and move around to avoid burning out through the day.
We hope these resources help you figure out how to find a safe, quiet place to focus and get down to business. Staying productive in the midst of all of the changes happening around you is challenging enough without having a good space to do it in. By creating your office-away-from-home, you’ll be able to find a new workflow and get yourself back on track!
Photo Credit: Unsplash
About the Author:
Leslie Campos hopes to provide relief and tips for other busy parents through her site Wellparents.com. Parents can find a variety of information from stress-busters to exercise ideas to healthy eating tips.